A thigh lift is a body contouring procedure that reshapes the thighs by not only reducing excess skin and fat, but also resuspending the retaining ligaments and structures in the thigh.
This results in smoother and more toned skin and better proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body.
A thigh lift, may include the inner, upper, or posterior thigh, or in fact circumferentially around the entire thigh. The tissue excision and therefore the final scars are dependent on the area of your thigh that concerns you most. In all thigh lifts I like to perform liposuction to sculpt the thigh and achieve your goals of a firmer, more youthful-looking body.
The surgery is performed under general anaesthetic with a nights hospital stay followed by 2-4 weeks recovery time off work. My preference is not to use drains, which dramatically reduces hospital stay and recovery.
What are the potential risks and complications?
Although surgery is generally safe, there are potential complications and risks associated with any surgery. I will discuss these general risks with you as well as provide detail information about the complications and risks associated with a thigh lift including:
- Temporary numbness around the incision sites, which gradually improves with time
- There may be distortion of the appearance and contour of the genitalia, especially in women
- Movement may be restricted to the tightened skin of the thigh
- Skin may not heal and a skin graft may be required
- Patients who have removal of large amounts of skin may require a blood transfusion
- Fluid (seroma) may accumulate under the skin of the incision site which may require a draining procedure
- Hypertrophic and keloids scars may form. These are scars that are prominent and visible, which may be itchy, unsightly and annoying, however, they do not pose a threat to your health.
Costs associated with a thigh lift varies between: $12000-$16000 depending on a number of factors:
- Anaesthetist’s fee
- Private hospital or day surgical facility fees
- Need for post-operative garments
- Length of Hospital stay
- Whether you need other body contouring procedures such as Labiaplasty, Liposuction, arm lift or tummy tuck.
- Surgical assistant’s fee
After our consultation my staff will give you an itemised account of the total cost.
Please feel free to browse my site and don’t hesitate to contact me and my team with any questions.