Microsurgical Fellowship: Charing Cross Hospital, London
Imperial College NHS Trust, is the largest trust in the UK and was created in 2007 by merging Charing Cross, St Mary’s and Hammersmith Hospitals. As a tertiary referral centre my primary focus during the year long fellowship at Charing Cross was microsurgical reconstruction of the breast, head and neck and lower limb.
My microsurgical workload included:
- 90 free tissue transfer reconstructions:
- 54 breast reconstruction cases
- 24 head and neck reconstruction cases
- 12 lower limb microsurgical reconstruction cases
- 20 pedicled flap reconstructions of the lower limb, sternum, breast and perineal regions.
My review article on this fellowship has been published in the prestigious“Annals of Plastic Surgery” and can be viewed here Charing Cross Fellowship
Akademikliniken was established in 1991 in Stockholm and specialises in aesthetic plastic surgery, cosmetic dermatology and dentistry. AK, as it is colloquially referred to, is the largest private cosmetic surgical clinic in Europe.
I worked under the mentorship of Per Heden and 8 other specialist cosmetic plastic surgeons during my 6 month fellowship. My aesthetic caseload (excluding the liposuction cases) during this fellowship included:
- 114 aestheticfacial plastic surgical procedures,
- 123aesthetic breast procedures and
- 73 general aesthetic plastic surgical procedures.
My review article on this fellowship has been published in the prestigious“Annals of Plastic Surgery” and can be viewed here AK Fellowship.